06 junio 2007

granada en fotos:

these legs were just hanging up in a rest stop on our way to granada, but they are also hanging up everywhere else we turn, too. vegans, shield your eyes.

this is ligon, gwen, and i outside of the alhambra. we didn't actually get to go into the garden or the palace this day. we look very touristy.

these are some groomed cypress trees at the alhambra gardens. i hope that i have trees like these in my backyard one day.

this is my new friend, libby, and i, in the gardens of the alhambra. that's granada in the background.

just a really old building interior.

neat tile.

granada from above, sierra nevadas in the background.

granada from above again.

flamenco show in a cave.

8 comentarios:

bailey dijo...

meat- i love the photo except when i clicked on it, it looked like i had a life sized hambone on my screen.. a little disgusting..

ligon, gwen, and libby - are either of those girls your roommates?

i LOVE the well-manicured cypress trees :)

your above photos of granada: in the one with trees, when you enlarge it, there's a very tiny little sprial garden.. and that makes me happy; in the other.. i love how all of the buildings are whitewashed

and finally: it looks like the flamenco dancers are dancing in a friggin' kitchen with all of those pots and pans on the ceiling.

and finally finally: i miss you so much... and why don't you e-mail me.. i'm feeling a little rejected especially since you missed my graduation and didn't even send me an e-mail :)



p.s. - you know i do'nt care about graduation

bailey dijo...

p.s.s. -- sorry that my comment has a higher word count than your post. i just got excited.

Unknown dijo...

great pics and oh so good to know you are alive and well in spain!!!!can't wait to see you and meet your friends? we will try to not embarrass you too badly and i would treat all to a cool refreshment!!!

Bradley Kerl dijo...

one thing i've learned about spain from your pictures is that they, apparently, have really awesome tile everywhere, or maybe you are just giving us an edited view of spain in which you make us THINK that there's really awesome tile everywhere.

love you miss you keep posting photos bye!

carmen dijo...

Hi Whit! Thanks for the reply about the wireless transmitter. I will be sure and pass the message along to Michelle.

Your pictures are awesome, and it looks like you are having a fabulous time. I am so proud of you. I don't think I told you this, but I am so impressed that you are out there, doing all of this on your own. Actually, I'm glad I waited until now. If I had said it earlier, it would have sounded scary I think. Like you had something to fear or there was something intimidating about doing this on your own. Now you know, there's not! And you are so independent and in control. That's amazing.

I am leaving for the lake tomorrow, then a week from Sunday I leave for Costa Rica. I am getting excited. It's a little lonely here right now, even though there are people around. I see Joe a lot, and I cooked lunch for my friend Madeline and her little boy and her husband Thomas. (You know, Ghostland. He was in our house today. When he gets really famous, you can tell people that if you want.) But it's strange to have the house so quiet. I've been watching a lot of TV. I have watched 5 seasons of Sex in the City in the past 2 weeks. It's getting a little ridiculous. I really need to throw the TV through the window, but it's too effing heavy. Plus, I'd just watch everything on my computer.

Gotta go. Sorry this is so long!
Love,
Carmen

DZ dijo...

shortest comment.

bailey dijo...

OH YEAH your fm transmitter is perfectly fine.. it's just you blew a fuse in your car and none of your car charging ports were working. but it's all better now... i fixed your car myself... and the bumper too. and i touched up the paint and got the "F%@K YOU" off of your door.

C.M.B. dijo...

neeaaaaaaaaaaat!

I know spain is fun and all, but come back soon so that we can go tubing.

Plus you gotta see me and patricia's new apartment.

that meat looks gnarly, would not eat it.